StumbleUpon is a social media platform that allows you to find fun, informative new website pages based on your interests. More than 25 million people use StumbleUpon to find new web pages, images, and videos that fit with their niche interests. I use StumbleUpon because it is a great way to bookmark pages I enjoy, find other stumblers with similar interest, share pages, find new sites, and most importantly, StumbleUpon drives traffic to my site. In fact, StumbleUpon is my #1 traffic referral source. Here is how you can make StumbleUpon drive traffic to your site too!
Steps To Get StumbleUpon to Drive Traffic To Your Website:
- Make your profile right. Don’t rush through setting up your profile, after all, this is your one shot to make a good impression on your new contacts. Choose a username that makes it clear who you are. Fill out all the fields and tell people about your interests.
- Make some Stumble buddies. If you want traffic, you want buddies. The more people that share your stumbles the better. Follow people with similar interest. Stumble some of their pages. Leave a comment on their profile. Share some of their pages. If you scratch their back, chances are they will reciprocate.
- Submit pages to StumbleUpon both from your site and other sites. Submitting only your own pages sends a clear message of self interest. Submitting good content tells other users and StumbleUpon that you are a real stumbler.
- Stumble. Don’t just submit pages. Hit the “Stumble” button to do what StumbleUpon is designed for- surfing the webs for the pages that interest you.
- Add a StumbleUpon badge to your site so people can connect with you on StumbleUpon.
- Add a social sharing option that includes sharing your pages to StumbleUpon easily. This is a very important step.
- Use Su.pr which is a link shortner that gives you statistics on your links AND shares your link with stumblers. su.pr tracks how many clicks that link got and how many times StumbleUpon has shown your page to others.
- You can also check out StumbleUpon paid discovery for reasonable rates. They deliver niche traffic to your website pages.
StumbleUpon is very easy to use. It takes a little time commitment but it is well worth it. Do you use StumbleUpon? Do you follow my 8 steps? I’d love to hear about your traffic results.
About the Author:
Scarlet, who is founder of Family Focus Blog where she blogs about parenting, recipes, green tips, and giveaways.